OGUK Offshore Medicals -
Update Summer 2020
Applicable for Offshore, Fit to Train (EBS) and Emergency Response Teams (ERT) Medicals
Due to the COVID-19 lockdown restrictions, the way offshore medicals are now being conducted have been modified, especially as face-to-face offshore medicals are currently prohibited in Scotland.
The OGUK granted extension of unrestricted certificates for 3 months from March till June 2020, which has since elapsed.
These are the options now available for you to consider:
1. Having your medical done face-to-face in England while adopting stringent social distancing practices
2. Having your medical done virtually by us (audio-visually), as the video component is mandatory
For option 2, you will need the following:
1. A scanned copy of your current OGUK certificate, if applicable
2. Completion of a health questionnaire with list of all medications used
3. Photographic ID (scanned copy of passport or driver's licence)
4. Blood pressure and pulse home monitoring result, if available
5. Your current optician's eye test result, if applicable
6. Your current height
7. Your current weight
8. Your current neck size
9. Your current waist (belt) size
10. Your GP summary report printout is required mandatorily, as well as any other relevant medical reports issued by your GP or Hospital specialist, where applicable (we can provide a template letter to facilitate this request, if required)
If you are able to provide the above-listed, our examining doctors, will be able to assess you remotely.
For further information or to request a medical examination please: